Deep Sensory Forest Immersion - April 13 - Madison, GA, $35
This Deep-sensory Forest Immersion is perfect for anyone who wants to develop a deeper connection to nature in order to live with greater peace, creativity, focus, and mental and physical health. Scientific studies have revealed that exposure to nature relieves stress, increases feelings of well-being, as well as improves our immune function. Relief from anxiety allows us to enter a state of flow with our work and creative pastimes. The more time spent in the forest, the greater and longer lasting the benefits.
Beginning at 1 p.m., we will spend 3.5 - 4 hours in close contact with the forest and landscape along the trail. The walk will be very slow with periods of sitting, so the pace is not strenuous at all. The trail length is 1 mile with gentle slopes. Restrooms are available at the Red Barn at the Farmhouse.
Please arrive at the Farmhouse Inn at least 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the walk to take care of personal needs and to complete forms. When you drive by the poultry barn, look to your right. You will see the Red Barn on the hill to your right. Parking and check-in are at the Red Barn. Lodging is also available at the Farmhouse Inn. Call (706) 342-7933 to reserve your room.
* This walk is designed for adults or older teens. Family walks for mixed age groups are available at different times.
* The walk will cover approximately one mile of very slow walking over gentle terrain. There are no steep hills in the area for this walk. However, feel free to bring a walking stick if you want.
* Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the season and temperature.
* Forest therapy walks continue in light rain unless the threat of lightning or hypothermia is present. Bring rain gear and an umbrella if rain is in the forecast, including waterproof shoes. Splashing in puddles is fun!
* Bring water, sunscreen, insect repellent, a light snack, a hat/cap and a day pack large enough to carry these items (and rain gear, if needed).
* No dogs are allowed on this walk.